Download the full PDF report here.
Digital transformation can take many forms, from enabling museum visitors to use smartphones or tablets throughout the site to enhance their experience, to digitising the collection and making it available online, to engaging with people before or after their visits via online channels.
Produced in conjunction with Museums & The Web, this report draws on the views of more than 70 professionals working in museums across the world to explore the digital strategies of today’s museums and how they link to visitor engagement plans and focus areas for investment.
The report includes:
- Audience engagement strategies: online and onsite
- The start of B.Y.O.D. in museums
- Evaluating mobile tours at: Tate Modern, UK, The Met, USA & Bristol Museums, Galleries & Archives, UK
- Making the most of digitalisation
- Case study: J. Paul Getty Museum, LA
Click here to download the full report.