Every year Axiell supports an important cause by donating a gift on behalf of our customers and staff. This year our donation goes to World Literacy Foundation.
World Literacy Foundation is global a non-profit organization striving to ensure that every child, regardless of geographic location, has the opportunity to acquire literacy skills and books to reach their full potential – succeeding at school and beyond.
This is how they describe their work:
“At the World Literacy Foundation, we believe in literacy as the foundation of lifelong learning and education. When we help someone to acquire literacy skills, we are empowering them to access to better opportunities in life to break the poverty cycle.”
World Literacy Foundation focuses on early intervention so that every child has the strongest chance to reach their full potential. Their work includes educating new parents to support their children in their learning, providing regular reading groups, and distributing books and other literacy resources to young children who may lack access to them.
This is the second year in a row that Axiell’s staff have voted to support the World Literacy Foundation. Here’s what’s happened over the past year:
- Each year they work in 143 countries, reaching 115 million children and their families
- 91,037 books were distributed
- 2,900 young people around the world participated in the World Literacy Foundation’s ambassador programme
- 9.5 million people were reached through mainstream media, events and social media
- 20,050 volunteer hours were donated to their projects